Sunday 18 March 2012

DeathBringa's Painting Challenge

Hi all, its been a while since my last post.... But i'm still here :-)

You may have read an earlier post of mine that stated that I managed to scrape through to the next round of the Yorkshire Open Tournament (which is on the 25th of this month).

However I was wanting to change my army list so that it was slightly different... Well a lot different. I am still sticking with the Blood Angels, but there are a lot of changes to the 1800 point list.

The Death Company, StormRaven and a small assault squad are all coming out! And i am replacing them with a Terminator Assault Squad in a Land Raider Crusader, a Terminator Librarian, a Vindicator tank and another Sanguinary Priest in terminator armour (no prizes for guessing which unit he is going to hang around).

Now you may be asking, where is the challenge that your title suggests?? Well it comes to the fact that most if not all these models were not even built this morning (Saturday morning that is) and I have little over a week to complete them.

Saturdays Progress:

I managed to get them all built and undercoated, and even built some nice scenic bases for the terminators. The red amry builder spray comes in very handy as a bit of a time saver....
I also managed to pick out all the parts of the terminators that are not staying red in a black base coat. Same goes for the vindicator.

Here is a few pics of Saturdays progress:




Painting models seperatly to their bases is something new to me, lets see how that goes. The more eagle eyed of you may spot two of the nice Space Hulk Terminators in the above pictures (along with the Librarian).



The Sanguinary Priest is undercoated I promise you, just sprayed grey (to cover up how I half undercoated him red!) This should also help with painting the white armour...
The vindicator is also coming along nicely.

And last but no means least.... the land Raider Crusader for the terminators:






This is made from the redeemer kit, so I also need to work out how to make the guns interchangeable










Anyway lets see how I do, and if I meet my deadline, or if I have to fall back on to using the old list...

DeathBringa out.

2 comments:

  1. Is that cork your using for the bases?
    Looks reet nice.
    Cortez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is indeed, With sand on top to give it more of an earthy texture, rather than a rocky one...

    Lets see how it turns out...

    ReplyDelete