Sunday 29 March 2015

Painting Update - Part 5

A bit of a break from Nurgle this week, to show some of the progress made with my Tyranids. First up, a winged Hive Tyrant.
The weapon is a twin-linked devourer, made from spare gaunt and warrior / tyrant arms and weapons. I have seen other conversions of this weapon that use the fleshborer hive arms (legs?) from the Tervigon / Tyrannofex kit, however I wanted my version to still be a recognisable version of the original weapon, simply up-scaled.

The bone armour plates were painted using my usual coats of red, white markings, red ink and gloss varnish. It is quite time consuming but I'm always pleased with the results - particularly with the bigger creatures!
 
 
To create the base, several pieces of cork tile were ripped up and layered on top of each other. The model was then pinned through the tail to the base.
Well, that's all from me today. Please let us know what you think through the comments or on our Facebook page.
 
Prospero

No comments:

Post a Comment