Tuesday 3 January 2012

Magnatizing a Baal Predator Part 3

Hi all,

Been very busy today and I have finished another project!

I have been working on this tank off and on for quite a while now, and I am happy to say that it is now complete (well the modelling part of it is).

The final work on the turret was easier than I was expecting.



All that was required was to drill a small hole in the centre of the turret, and doing likewise on the other two parts with the help of some magnets. The friction from the two tabs does the rest.




Next as I only wanted the sponsons when I would be using the Assault Cannon Turret, so the sponson mounting would need magnetizing as would the hatches for the Flamestorm variant.

Now as the sponson mounts and the hatches sat at different levels this created an intresting problem. Thankfully this was solved by spacing the magnets out with a bit of plasti-card (and magnets with different thicknesses).


Anyway, here is the two finished variants:


Hopefully I will get it painted soon.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment